It’s Saturday and I am at work. But my mind is far from working. I have this hard-to-resist-week-long-vacation hangover.
The past week was spent with friends drinking, dining out, grabbing coffee and sweets, shopping, and chilling. All these were accompanied with us going crazy, laughing at random things (and I mean laughing really hard), and talking about life, career, and relationsh*ts. Pardon me, it’s relationships.
While my pretentious self-declared-intellectual mind takes a plunge into the crappy side of relationships, let me tell you what I think of it. This may not be the brighter side point of view than anyone else’s, and I guarantee you this won’t get your so-called love of your life back to your caring arms. But hey, it’s time to get up and dress up! Stop those ‘what could have beens’, ‘what ifs’, and whatnot. Get back in the game, sweetheart!
1. Stop blaming yourself. We cannot see or decipher what is happening behind our backs. We can’t tell ourselves to avoid the jerks because who the hell knows their heinous intentions?! There’s no way we will know the “behind the scenes.” We are not in the romantic movie after all.
2. Get your act together and do the chacha. Have you been crying for days or weeks? Okay, I understand you. Just eat some ice cream and watch movies. Have you been depressed and crying for months or, God forbid, years? Come on. Do not trust that unreliable and sinkable boat in life a.k.a. dating assholes. Don’t cry over them. Yeah, they have nowhere to go but down and you don’t want to go with them, right?
3. Love yourself and love yourself more. Remember the last time you pampered yourself? NO? Well, go out with your family and friends! Buy some pretty shoes, eye-candy bags, and gorgeous dresses! You’ll get over the self-pitying phase of your life somehow. Strut your stuff and do the cat walk. Wear your confidence. Life is your everyday ramp.
4. Be somebody you’ve always wanted to be. This is the time to explore your hidden talents. Was it your childhood dream to write, draw, paint, sing, dance, or even to become a scientist? Do everything you can do. Time may run out, but your passion won’t. Regrets will surely hunt you down, you better act now.
5. Get up and dress up. This is my favorite mantra. Who the hell has the right to take away your sunshine? No one. So put on your favorite flirty dress, wear your strappy heels, spray your sweet perfume, and you’re ready to go. Don’t forget to wear that gorgeous smile and twinkling eyes. You’re going to conquer the world.
Remember: All things are just in the mind. Choose your thoughts.
Background music: Cee Lo Green’s Forget you (Change the lyrics to F word if necessary!)