Currently, I’m watching reruns of FRIENDS and it makes me think about the good old times and my old friends.
These are the songs that make me miss the good old high school days 🙂
- Lost In Space – Lighthouse Family (This is a big part of our first year high! Hi I-Jonas!)
- No Matter What – Boyzone
- Superman – Five for Fighting
- This I Promise You – ‘Nsync (Actually, all the songs in No Strings Attached and Celebrity album)
- Sometimes – Britney Spears (and Baby One More Time)
- All or Nothing – O-Town
- Best I Ever Had -Vertical Horizon
- Like A Rose – A1 (too cheesy for JS prom and it feels like a little embarrassing haha)
- Pretty Boy – M2M (and some of their songs from their first album)
- Graduation – Vitamin C
“And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we’re gonna be when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same
But when we leave this year we won’t be coming back
No more hanging out cause we’re on a different track”
I’m not sure if the nostalgia I’m feeling right now is because of this afternoon sunshine that brings the same feels of what we had every afternoon class dismissal in senior year high school. Time sure does fly fast. Oh well.
“This heart of mine was made to travel the world. Oh, and maybe to fall in love.”
Going to different places teach me different things about life. The more I see the world, the better understanding of life I get. It helps me realize that life is beautiful and the world is wonderful.
During my travels, I try my best to savor each moment. I always catch myself in awe, admiring the places or landmarks I used to see in movies or read about in books. Yes, I take some photos so I will still vividly remember the places and things in the future and to share them with my family. But the more important thing I do, I believe, is imprinting my journeys in my mind so they may last in my memory.
Beautiful experiences and memories help me get by when struggles and lonely moments try to knock me down. I may not recall all the details, but the feelings they bring surely hit the spot.
And what’s the best way to re-live those moments? I accompany my travels with good songs that make me excited and over the moon before I even embark on my journey.
Here’s the list of my favorite travel songs:
Note: I have this habit of playing Justin Timberlake’s Not A Bad Thing and Mirrors while I’m in the plane wherever I go, hence their inclusion in my travel playlist.
- GOOD LIFE – One Republic
- BEST DAY OF MY LIFE – American Authors
- GO – Livingston
- SHIP AND THE GLOBE – Kae Sun
- SUNBOAT – Little Suns
- CROSS MY MIND – Twin Forks
- NOT A BAD THING – Justin Timberlake
- MIRRORS – Justin Timberlake
‘Til next travel and playlist. Ciao! :*